Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Dealing with Toxic People




Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. The more time I spend with toxic people, the more insane/stressed I feel.


Unfortunately some people are just toxic and cannot help themselves but make others feel terrible about themselves too. Many are unwilling to change, and you cannot help them to change. 


I’ve come up with my own set of rules that I follow in order to not let their behavior affect my day-to-day mood:


1) Practice walking away from Negaholics. 


2) Eat healthy food


3) Meditate 


4) Set boundaries on dealing with Debbie Downers, and stick to them. Don't engage with them, nor cosign to their behavior.


Never feel like you have to tolerate a toxic individual, family or not. Your sanity is worth its weight in gold. Protect it at all costs.


How will you deal with toxic people, especially during the holidays? 


Share

No comments:

Post a Comment